Isuzu Ascender (2007)
IntelliChoice named the 2006 Ascender 5-Passenger a "Top Winner" in its class for both lowest fuel cost and lowest operating cost, and a "Smart Choice" in eight other categories. Isuzu's flagship SUV returns for 2007, sized "just right" to offer plenty of room for five passengers, and with the multiple award-winning 4.2-liter inline six- cylinder engine under its hood. Changes include the following:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System added as standard equipment on all models
- Bering Blue Metallic replaces Adriatic Blue Metallic
- Storm Gray Metallic replaces Graphite Gray Metallic
- Six-spoke machined-finish alloy wheels replace painted wheels as standard equipment
- OnStar communication system discontinued as an available option
- 7-Passenger model discontinued
- Trim levels are unchanged. Both 2WD and 4WD models are available in base S trim and offer optional Preferred Equipment, LS, Leather and Luxury packages.
Prices are unchanged as well. The Ascender 2WD begins at a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $25,959, and the Ascender 4WD has a base M.S.R.P. of $27,959.