Pagani Zonda R (2009)
Pagani Zonda R
Pagani Zonda is never shy of a drive at the racetrack, a fact that was proven numerous times in the past with records for production vehicles at the Nurburgring Nordschleife. With the input of its avid track focused customers, the Pagani team has created the Pagani Zonda R using bespoke engineering solutions to meet the performance demands for a trackday version of the highly popular Pagani Zonda F.
The central monocoque is made of a Carbon-Titanium composite, increasing rigidity while reducing significantly the weight. Bolted directly to the chassis is the Mercedes AMG 6.0 litre race derived V12 engine, with 750 hp and 710 Nm of torque. A direct throttle actuation via mechanical cable ensures immediate throttle response.
The Xtrac Magnesium cased dog ring gearbox combined with tha Automac Engineering AMT system performs gearshifts in 20ms, triggered by the drivers input on the paddles behind the steering wheel. A 12-way Bosch Motorsport traction control and ABS system allows the driver to fully adjust the settings while driving the Pagani Zonda R.
At the pits, each driver will be able to find a suitable setup thanks to a fully adjustable suspension and wing configuration. The effectiveness of the rear is matched by a complex new front bonnet, a masterpiece realised with the help of models by Ennegi, as well as the closed underbody and rear diffusor. Aerodynamic setups rage from a high downforce setting of 1.500kg to a 350kmh top speed setting.
Aspa forged AvionAl suspension components as well as machined structural ErgAl parts holding the engine and gearbox have been designed to reduce the weight of the overall car, Poggipolini Titanium screws are used on the whole car. These measures lead to a dry weight of 1.070 kg.
The interior has been designed to offer a perfect environment for the driver. The controls are limited to the indispensable, but the quality finish reflects the usual demanding Pagani standards. The bespoke Toora seats are FIA homologated and comply to latest HANS standards, five-point safety belts and a CrMo roll-cage assure the occupants' safety.
The lucky owners of the Pagani Zonda R will experience a level of performance on the track, that is simply not possible on the road. A power-to-weight ratio of 701 hp-per-ton will catapult them from 0 to 60 mph in less than 2,7 seconds, the Brembo carbon ceramic brakes ensure the car comes to a standstill even quicker.
The Pagani Zonda R is built in a limited production run and sold at a price of 1.460.000 Euro plus taxes, a performance machine, a track toy, a collectors item, a masterpiece signed by Horacio Pagani.
- Type: Mercedes-Benz AMG - M120 - 12 cylinder V 60°, 48 valves; displacement 5987 ccm, dry sump
- Max. Power: 750 hp (551 kW) @ 7.500 rpm
- Max. Torque: 710Nm @ 5.700 rpm
- Stroke: 80,20 mm
- Bore: 89,00 mm
- Traction control: 12 Stage - Bosch Motorsport traction control system
- Intake: Single throttle bodies, mechanically operated
- Exhaust system: Hydroformed Inconel, ceramic coated
- Transmission: Longitudinal mid engine; rear wheel drive with self-locking differential
- Gearbox: XTRAC 672 bespoke magnesium casing gearbox, 6 speed sequential dog gearchange with Automac Engineering AMT system
- Carbon-ceramic brakes: 4 ventilated Brembo disks, hydraulic power brake 12 Stage - Bosch Motorsport Race ABS
- Front: 380x34 mm 6 piston caliper
- Rear 380x34 mm 4 piston caliper
- Wheels: Forged alloy APP wheels; 19" front, 20" rear
- Tyres: Pirelli P Zero Zonda R: ant. 255/35/19; post. 335/30/20
- Suspensions: 4 independent wheels with double A-arm; Forged Avional suspension arms; pull rod helical springs and Öhlins adjustable shock absorbers
- Structure: Central carbon-Titanium chassis, Engine is a stressed member; front and rear Cr Mo space frames; bodywork carbon fiber MD System
- Length: 4886 mm
- Width: 2014 mm
- Height: 1141 mm
- Wheelbase: 2785 mm
- Dry weight: 1070 kg
- Safety: Roll cage in Cr Mo steel; carbon fibre seats HANS compatible; five point harness
- 0-100 km/h: 2,7 sec
- Top speed: > 350 km/h
- Weight-to-Power ratio: 1,43 kg/hp