Brabus Smart fortwo (2017)
Brabus Smart fortwo
With 80 kW/109 hp, the new smart BRABUS is among the sportiest vehicles in its segment. Alongside the powerful turbo engine, this is down to the BRABUS Performance sports suspension with specially adapted ESP®, the sports power steering and sporty configuration of the twinamic dual-clutch transmission with Race Start function. The vehicle also comes as standard with a sporty look both inside and out. Available in fortwo, fortwo cabrio and forfour versions, the new smart BRABUS celebrated its world premiere at the 2016 Beijing Automotive Exhibition. The first models will be in European dealers' showrooms from July 2016.
Anyone for a spot more driving enjoyment? The new smart BRABUS models are more powerful than any previous standard smart. That's because, compared with the previous model, rated power and maximum torque have been increased by 5 kW and 23 Nm, respectively, to 80 kW/109 hp at 5750 rpm and 170 Nm at 2000 rpm. The result is a correspondingly sporty level of performance, with the smart BRABUS fortwo accelerating from 0 to 100 km/h in 9.5 seconds, while the smart BRABUS forfour boasts a top speed of up to 180 km/h.
Yet the more powerful turbo engine is not the only technical highlight. The sporty performance is due also to the following extensive modifications:
- The fuel pressure has been raised by 2 bar. The air supply to the engine has been optimised.
- The springing/damping of the BRABUS Performance sports suspension are 20 percent firmer than the BRABUS sports suspension, with the anti-roll bar on the front axle reducing the roll tendency by 9%, while the ESP® has been specially adapted.
- The sports-tuned Direct-Steer system with speed-sensitive power assistance and variable steering ratio comes with a specially increased return torque for the smart BRABUS. This means that the steering gives even stronger feedback on the current grip status of the tyres, thereby improving the communication between driver and vehicle. This allows better control over the vehicle while making for enhanced driving enjoyment.
- With an up to 40 percent faster response time and shorter-legged ratios than in the 66 kW model, the twinamic 6-speed dual-clutch transmission is configured for sporty performance. It also features a Race Start function, which automatically sets the optimal rpm and clutch slip for maximum acceleration from rest. To use the Race Start function, the driver simply needs to release the brake pedal after previously depressing it and flooring the accelerator.
- The BRABUS sport exhaust system has been optimised in terms of back-pressure.
The sporty top models of the latest smart generation stand out visually through their matt grey rear diffuser insert with chrome-look tailpipe trims as well as their grey, high-sheen and matt painted BRABUS Monoblock IX light-alloy wheels. The smart fortwo comes with Yokohama sports tyres of size 185/50 R 16 H (front) and 205/40 R 17 H (rear). The smart forfour is shod with 185/45 R 17 H (front) and 205/40 R 17 H (rear). All smart BRABUS models come as standard with a lockable glove compartment, the Cool & Audio package and the proximity warning function. The smart BRABUS fortwo coupé and forfour also sport a panoramic roof ex factory.
smart BRABUS Xclusive: the new premium equipment line
The new high-end equipment line BRABUS Xclusive makes for even greater sporty elegance in the city. The special features:
- BRABUS sport seats with upholstery in perforated nappa leather/black leather with specific grey topstitching
- BRABUS instrument panel with a material mix of man-made leather/fabric
- BRABUS dashboard instrument with cockpit clock and rev counter
- BRABUS floor mats
- Xclusive badges in mirror triangle and B-pillar
The BRABUS Xclusive also comes as standard with LED & Sensor package, heated seats for driver and front passenger, while the smart forfour readyspace features rear seats with a removable cargo box.